Showa Women’s University hiring Part-time Teachers
by Showa Women’s University
Showa Women’s University: the Department of English Language and Communication for the Part-time Teaching Positions
Showa Women’s University
Department of English Language and Communication
3. Department URL
Humanities TESOL, TEFL, and/or Linguistics
5. Content of work
A) Spring Semester 7 classes (one class: 90 minutes), Fall semester 6 classes
( including classes in the Department of Business Design)
B) Spring semester 5 classes, Fall semester 6 classes
(including classes in the Department of Business Design)
Part-time lecturer one year, renewable.
1-7-57, Taishido, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo 154-8533
8. Number of positions
Two. One in catagory A) and one in category B)
All the following qualifications and conditions must be satisfied.
(1) Native Speakers of English are preferred.
(2) Required: Masters Degree or above in TESL, TEFL and/or Linguistics
(3) Experience teaching EFL/ESL classes at the university level.
(4) A) and B) must teach both Tuesdays and Fridays. Some classes are paired.
(5) The candidate must understand the rationale behind the foundation of Showa Women’s University and be ready to carry out education in accord with the school’s educational principles.
: Followed by our school rules.
11. Deadline for applications
All documents for application must be sent by registered mail with “Application for Part-Time Position A) or
B)” written in red on the envelop.
Deadline : Oct. 18, 2013 (Friday)
12. Starting date
April 1, 2014
(1) Curriculum Vitae with a recent photo.
(2) List of publications.
Notes. The applicants are advised to download the prescribed CV and list-of-publications
forms (i.e., (1) and (2) above) from Showa Women’s University’s web site and follow those formats. Be sure to download the documents labeled as below.
14.Submit Applications to
The Department of English Language and Communication
Showa Women’s University, 1-7, Taishido, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo 154-8533
Note. Please write “Applications for Part-Time position A) or B)” in red on the front side of the envelope, and send it by registered mail. (Not by email)
15. Selection process
(1)(1) Selection based on review of application formsSelection based on review of application forms
(2) Interviews with those who have passed the first stage will be held at Showa . As part of the interview, the candidate will be asked to perform a demonstration lesson. Travel expenses will not be reimbursed.
(3) None of the documents submitted with your application will be returned.
16. Where to make contact
The Department of English Language and Communication, Showa Women’s University.
FAX 03-3411-5403 (We will not reply to telephone inquiries.)
E-mail:showaELC@swu.ac.jp (The title of the message should read: “Application for a Part-time Teaching Position.”